Detox of the Tropics Smoothie:
* 2 cups frozen mango
* 2 tbs lucuma powder
* 2 tbs wheatgrass powder
* 1 cup organic orange juice
* 1/2 almond milk
* 1-2 tbs lime juice
* 1 c. chia gel (learn how to make below)
To make chia gel:
* 1-2 tbs chia seeds
* 1 cup water
mix together, let set for a few minutes for the chia seeds to gel up.
**Mix all ingredients of smoothie in blender and enjoy**
I love smoothies! They are a quick and easy solution for any meal when you are in a pinch. I love them even more when they are loaded with superfoods and nutrient rich foods to keep you fueled and the health benefits soaking into your body. This delish Detox of the Tropics smoothie is sure to keep your going and your energy level elevated! I hope you enjoy it!! Oh, and this does contain wheatgrass powder,which will make it green, but with the fruit in it you will not be able to taste it! Trust me!!
If you are ever interested in one on one health coaching visit me at www.hormonebalancehealthcoach.com
Fancy Chocolate Chia Puddin’
Fancy Chocolate Chia Puddin’:
* 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
* 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
* 2 heaping tbs Chia Seeds
* 2-3 tbs cacao powder
* 1 stevia packet or raw honey to taste
* 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/8 – 1/4 Pomegranate Arils
Add milks, cacao powder, stevia or honey, and vanilla extract in a blender to incorporate flavors, pour over chia seeds in a bowl, mix throughly. Cover and place in fridge for 30 minutes. After that, take out and top with pom arils; you can add some more almond or coconut milk if you want it a little less thick!
Benefits of Chia Seeds:
1. Highest known plant source of essential fatty acids of Omega-3’s and Omega-6’s!!
2. Stabilizes blood sugar; slows down the rate in which complex carbs are digested then sent throughout the body. The fiber helps stabilze blood glucose
3. Did you know 1 TBS of chia seeds can sustain you for 24 hours? Well…at least that’s what they say. The Mayans used chia seeds for strength and actually “chia” is from the Mayan language meaning strength; they used the seeds to sustain energy, strength, and hunger!
4. The Omega-3’s helps lubricate joints and aids in inflammation
5. Chia seeds can help aid in weightloss and maintain a healthy weight. The chia seeds have the essential fatty acids that boost your metabolism and “bulk up” when wet and keep you fuller longer!
6. Chia seeds can help with detoxification and elimination; the swelling affect the chia seeds have in the body helps cleanse and soothe the colon and absorbs toxins; which are then eliminated
7. Chia Seeds contain 20% higher protein than many other grains
8. Chia seeds contain more antioxidants than blueberries and the antioxidant oils in chia seeds helps them from going rancid giving them a long shelf life!
9. Excellent source of protein, fiber, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, iron, and the essential fatty acids of omega 3 and 6
10. Can help improve brain function in memory and concentration!
11. Helps cut food cravings
12. Adds an awesome texture to your food!
13. Easily added to any recipe! Mix them up in smoothies, make puddin, add to cereal, soups, salads, stews, baked goods, and more!
Best Wishes & Live Beautifully