Benefits of Chia Seeds:
1. Highest known plant source of essential fatty acids of Omega-3’s and Omega-6’s!!
2. Stabilizes blood sugar; slows down the rate in which complex carbs are digested then sent throughout the body. The fiber helps stabilze blood glucose
3. Did you know 1 TBS of chia seeds can sustain you for 24 hours? Well…at least that’s what they say. The Mayans used chia seeds for strength and actually “chia” is from the Mayan language meaning strength; they used the seeds to sustain energy, strength, and hunger!
4. The Omega-3’s helps lubricate joints and aids in inflammation
5. Chia seeds can help aid in weightloss and maintain a healthy weight. The chia seeds have the essential fatty acids that boost your metabolism and “bulk up” when wet and keep you fuller longer!
6. Chia seeds can help with detoxification and elimination; the swelling affect the chia seeds have in the body helps cleanse and soothe the colon and absorbs toxins; which are then eliminated
7. Chia Seeds contain 20% higher protein than many other grains
8. Chia seeds contain more antioxidants than blueberries and the antioxidant oils in chia seeds helps them from going rancid giving them a long shelf life!
9. Excellent source of protein, fiber, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, iron, and the essential fatty acids of omega 3 and 6
10. Can help improve brain function in memory and concentration!
11. Helps cut food cravings
12. Adds an awesome texture to your food!
13. Easily added to any recipe! Mix them up in smoothies, make puddin, add to cereal, soups, salads, stews, baked goods, and more!